First Batch

On Sunday Jacky and I got together to dye our first batch. I’m using Procion dye which I have a lot to share with Jacky. Procion dye takes longer to react to fabric. We tried many techniques from Glennis’s lesson. We are lucky to have various shapes we have been collecting. I recently renovated our home and there were leftover mosaic pieces from the bathroom and kitchen. We also cut up some CD-Roms.

All pieces are from silk kimono lining. Some of them were rejected pieces that I natural dyed previously. I actually like them better with the imprints of leaves or flowers. I added the really fragile pieces (top right corner) into the dye bath to soak up the leftover dye.

I’m happy with the result of the first batch and looking forward to do some stitching Shibori soon.

Enjoy

Nat

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to First Batch

  1. Herm says:

    Your colors are beautiful and the shapes you used are great – were the colors straight from the bottle or mixed with another color?

  2. Nat says:

    Thanks Herm, because I’m using Procion dye. It comes in powder form so I have mixed it into a concentrate liquid. I then added it to soda ash solution when I dye. It needs a few more steps than using colorhue. I think it gives a better color. I will over dye some of the brighter ones again – Hugs Nat

  3. kaite says:

    love the cut out shapes, have fun.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s